Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual Property Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer

Intellectual Property Law

Could I copyright the term Anchor Babies if I intended to

Customer Question
make jewelry....
Could I copyright the term Anchor Babies if I intended to make jewelry.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
8/31/2015
IP Lawyer: Robert McEwen, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Robert McEwen, Esq.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

The same rules apply, in that copyright does not apply to short phrases, names, titles. You could come up with a logo and copyright the logo, but anyone could use the term (assuming it's not trademarked). Trademark is what you need to apply for if you want to use something to reflect the source of the item.

I have a

I wish I could contact you with a phone call, but that's considered legal advice and counsel at that point, rather than answering a legal question, and as such is prohibited by the terms of service of this site. That option is there because there are many different categories on this site, but only one (legal) has such a restriction on forming an attorney-client relationship. But we can continue the question here.

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!

Robert McEwen, Esq.
Robert McEwen, Esq.
Robert McEwen, Esq., Lawyer