Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

If i want to research a name i want to use new

Customer Question
If i want to research...
If i want to research a name i want to use for a new business venture nationally and internationally how do u go about it?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
6/30/2015
IP Lawyer: Kendell Kelly, Esq, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Kendell Kelly, Esq
Hello, my name is Kendell! Happy to help! Please remember that this is a tool for information only, we cannot give you legal advice and thus cannot tell you what to do or not (since that is prohibited).This should not be considered a attorney-client relationship. Also, please reserve your feedback until we have fully answered your question -- I will stick with you until we do.
When researching US trademarks, the best first stop is USPTO.gov. The USPTO's database is a good place for knockout searches, but in order to have a in depth searches (or international ones) you will need to commission a third party such as Thompson. The only other recourse for international searching is to examine the countries individually.
Does that makes sense?
Thompson? Who or what is this ?
Hes works for JustAsk ?
Nope! It's a company - http://trademarks.thomsonreuters.com/ :-)