Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

Years ago I did business with a new company in my neighborhood.

Customer Question
I shopped there often and...
years ago I did business with a new company in my neighborhood. I shopped there often and wanted to help the owners. I gave them 2 ideas I knew would make the company better and make money. They used both ideas in that store and over the years in every store they own. Now my ideas are a central part of over 1900 stores. I want to pursue payment for my ideas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/29/2015
IP Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) If you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am very sorry to hear about this situation. Without going into detail, can you tell me briefly what the two ideas were, and, did you give it to them in writing or verbally?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Robert McEwen, Esq.
Robert McEwen, Esq.
Robert McEwen, Esq., Lawyer