How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Reese Your Own Question
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3106
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Alex Reese is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If someone is willing to sign his portion of the rights to

Customer Question

If someone is willing to sign his portion of the rights to the product and existing provisional patent over to me as long as I sign paperwork which releases him, his wife, children, and any other potential heirs from any and all liability associated with the product and or with any inherent liabilities if I take the product to market and which precludes me from ever filing a lawsuit against him, his wife, children or other potential heirs for any reason which may now or in the future occur related to this product what would I have to write?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. You would sign a Settlement and Release Agreement. If you would like me to draft a template of this document for you, I can do that for you through the Additional Services option offered by JustAnswer. If that would be helpful, let me know and I'll extend that offer and you can then decide whether or not to accept. Fair enough?

Related Intellectual Property Law Questions