Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

Music i wrote music and lyrics in my teens is being used without…

Customer Question
music i wrote music...
music i wrote music and lyrics in my teens is being used without my permission or knowledge is included in a film about another punk band in the early eighties has been included. i left my birth hometown several years ago. the only reason i'm even aware is because a friend told me.the film isn't likely to be widely available where i live now. so i need to know if the music from my kiddie punk band was what i had a hand in or entirely of my creation. i get no response from people that i can find who've had anything i could find is interested in helping me. i need to know if my intellectual property has been used without my permission or knowledge. the film is called "don't be afraid to pogo."i'm cathy sample and my email is***@******.***
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
5/26/2015
IP Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Do you have proof that you wrote the music and lyrics and when you wrote them?
Have you gone to seek out the film yet, since you would need to know that information as well to get a local intellectual property law attorney to represent you to sue the filmmaker for using your work without your permission?