How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wilton A. Person Your Own Question
Wilton A. Person
Wilton A. Person, Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4147
Experience:  MBA, Experienced and Knowledgeable in Intellectual Property Law
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Wilton A. Person is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Regarding the UK inquiry, if on my website I advertise services

This answer was rated:

Regarding the UK inquiry, if on my website I advertise services to potential UK clients, will the TM be protected there, common law TM, without filing there?
Thank you for posting your question. Unfortunately, US common law trademark protection would not extend to the UK. However, your trademark would be protected within the United States meaning that a UK company would not be able to siphon your customers.

If order for you to have trademark protection, it would be necessary to file an international trademark application which can also be filed at
Wilton A. Person and other Intellectual Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Intellectual Property Law Questions