Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
14461494

I have some questions pertaining to an e commerce site that

I have some questions pertaining to an e commerce site that we will be launching shortly. We are providing a service for people to post items at a price. No products will be sold. We own the site domain name already as well. www.twicemobile.com
Trademark is (twice mobile)

Do we even need to get a trademark for our site or logo, since it is generic in nature and we don't want to waste any valuable money as we are in startup.

Thanks XXXXX

Alex Reese :

hello

Alex Reese :

"twice mobile" does not seem generic in the TM sense because it does not really describe and tell me what the mark relates to

Alex Reese :

a generic/descriptive mark is one that makes the goods/services being offered obvious

Alex Reese :

i.e. "Green Apple" as a TM for an apple company/farm

Alex Reese :

use of your mark in commerce will give you common law TM rights, but your rights become more powerful and greater in geographic scope when they are federally registered

Alex Reese :

it does cost some money, $325 for the USPTO fee plus professional fees for prep & filing (which may be around $500-$1000 depending on what attorney you use). You can also use legalzoom to save some money, but even that costs a few hundred I believe.

Alex Reese :

let me know if you need clarification