Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual Property Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer

Intellectual Property Law

Is Dodge Reports (owned by McGraw-Hill), in violation of copyright

law when they scan/reproduce an...
Is Dodge Reports (owned by McGraw-Hill), in violation of copyright law when they scan/reproduce an architect's instruments of service, providing the contents of those documents to their subscribers for a fee, without the permission or compensation to the copyright owner - the architect?
6/9/2013
BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, I will be assisting you.

BizIPEsq. :

unless otherwise noted in a contract between the architect and a client, the Architect (and Architect’s consultants) are deemed to be the authors and owners of their respective Instruments of Service and therefore the holders of copyrights

BizIPEsq. :

Generally speaking, the unauthorized reproduction of copyrighted work is copyright infringement.

BizIPEsq. :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you

BizIPEsq. :

Please rate my answer

BizIPEsq. :

without your positive rating I do not get compensated for my work

BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney