How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Reese Your Own Question
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3466
Experience:  Experienced in intellectual property law
Type Your Intellectual Property Law Question Here...
Alex Reese is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I want to protect my the name of my yogurt store nationalwidw,

This answer was rated:

If I want to protect my the name of my yogurt store nationalwidw, what should I do
I want to open a yogurt national chain

Alex Reese :


Alex Reese :

once you have begun actually using the name in commerce you can file a federal TM application (see for instructions and the online application). However, you should use a TM attorney or at least a service like LegalZoom to file the TM application, because it requires specialized knowledge.

Alex Reese :

There is also an "intent to use" TM application which can be filed if you haven't started using the mark in commerce but soon will, but it requires than you follow up within 6 months with a filing that shows your use in commerce

Alex Reese :


Alex Reese :

let me know if you need clarification


From the date of filing, how long does it take to be in effective

Alex Reese and other Intellectual Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Intellectual Property Law Questions