BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a tech attorney and I represent clients with technology, internet and intellectual property matters
73280834

I am currently trying to a trade mark a name with a company

Customer Question

I am currently trying to a trade mark a name with a company over seas but they havent trademarked it in the us, would i get in trouble if i trademark that name in the us? They have given me permission and provided me with the necessary documents to to show the trademark people but the thing with that is that i have to translate it and i can barley do that? can i just trademark it as my own? with out that
Category: Intellectual Property Law
Expert:  BizIPEsq. replied 4 years ago.

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, I will be assisting you

BizIPEsq. :

Generally speaking, a foreign company does not have any rights to a trademark in the US unless its products are sold in the US. Since the company gave you permission to trademark and provided you with the relevant documentation there should be a problem to submit the application. There is no need to translates the documents. You will need to show that the products and/or services that are being trademarked are sold in interstate commerce.

BizIPEsq. :

Generally that does not require any foreign documentation. Just documentation from the US

BizIPEsq. :

I trust this answered your question

BizIPEsq. :

Please rate my service

BizIPEsq. :

without your rating I do not get compensated for my work