BizIPEsq.
BizIPEsq., Attorney
Experience:  I am a tech attorney and I represent clients with technology, internet and intellectual property matters
73280834

I have a series of patents in the field of legal analysis using

I have a series of patents in the field of legal analysis using AI. I think Cisco Systems needs these to advance to "the next level" but I need some firm with credibility to assist - any suggestions?

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, and thank you for requesting me

BizIPEsq. :

Has Cisco contacted you or are you interested in contacting Cisco?

BizIPEsq. :

(I assume the patents have been granted already. Please confim)

Customer:

one patent is in my hot little hands, 2 Notices of Allowance have been issued but no paper patents.

Customer:

I am interested in contacting Cisco as they are fairly closely tied to the inhouse counsel group as well as the fortune 200.

Customer:

I will look forward to chatting once you come back online.

BizIPEsq. :

I'm back online

Customer:

excellent

Customer:

Hi when I tried getting back to this I received a message, "please wait data loading" but nothing happened.

BizIPEsq. :

Not sure why. Did you see my question or should I post again?

Customer:

I have received zip

Customer:

It seems you have and interest and skills in this area.

Customer:

The only indication now is that you are "in chat" so I assume that means you are tied up on another matter. If I do not respond, it means I am out of the office temporarily but look forward to your advise.

BizIPEsq. :

My original question was whether Cisco contacted you or are you interested in contacting Cisco?

Customer:

I am interested in contacting Cisco

BizIPEsq. :

I have done this this type of thing in the past was by cold contacting legal and have them point me to the right person / team in the company (which may not necessarily be legal as it may be the responsibility of the biz dev folks). Another option is to list the patents with a marketplace such as www.ideabuyer.com. I've heard limited success with such market places but as long as you are not granting exclusivity and there are no listing or de-listing fees no harm. I've had most success but finding people can act as intermediates and know what the particular corporation was looking for and how much they are willing / can spend. This is the most difficult route because you need to find such a person but once you find, you would have the most chances to sell.

BizIPEsq. :

Another option is to create a website about the patent and SEO optimize in connection with the claims and prominently offer the patents for sale. You may not get Cisco necessarily but you may the attention of someone willing to pay your price.

Customer:

I have read that 200 companies worldwide spend $60b annually on legal services, that the rest of the legal consumers receive odds and ends of legal talent, but the real market is to those 200 companies to trim 10-25% off the legal bill because much that is now "secret" can be reduced to algorethems.

Customer:

Have I exhausted your brain on this question, if so I much appreciate these new ideas

BizIPEsq. :

I would agree with your premise. It's an interesting one. These are the general options that are available.

BizIPEsq. :

Feel free to ask for me again

Customer:

One last question: Whart would you do in these circumstances?

BizIPEsq. :

I would cold contact Cisco's legal department and see where that takes me. I would also mine my linkedin contacts and other networks for individuals who either work or have worked in Cisco management and ask them for an introduction.

BizIPEsq. :

BTW, what is the name / number of the patent?

BizIPEsq. :

(in effect you would be acting as your own investment banker)

Customer:

Just a second & I will check, I have not gort around to memorizing my SIN yet either.

Customer:

Application number: 13/029,504
Publication number: US 2011/0231346 A1

BizIPEsq. :

I'll check it out. Sounds very interesting.

BizIPEsq. :

(I'm sure you'll memorize it in time...)

BizIPEsq. :

Thanks again for requesting me.

Customer:

Possibly

Customer:

You are welcome and much appreciated!

BizIPEsq. :

p.s. I am going to show it to a couple of patent attorney colleauges of mine. Confirm your info is(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer:

That is my home office, If you call and ask me if I am home, I will tell you I am at the office. :) I have a second and third patents for related AI to augment/confirm (contradict?) the results of #1

BizIPEsq. :

Let's keep in touch.

Customer:

Absolutely

BizIPEsq. :

I am going to log off. Please rate my answer so I can close it