Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I filed a trademark text application with no designation for…

Customer Question
I filed a trademark text...
I filed a trademark text application with no designation for font, size etc, was this a small or big mistake? will the USPTO give me the option to specify rather than deny?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2012
IP Lawyer: Alex Reese, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer

Alex Reese :

hello

Alex Reese :

it may not be a big issue at all

Customer:

Hi Alex can you answer this? I filed a trademark text application with no designation for font, size etc, was this a small or big mistake? Will the USPTO give me the option to specify rather than deny?

Alex Reese :

if you get the mark without any "style" font then that's even broader/better in a sense

Alex Reese :

because its better to just have the text by itself...not limited to a particular font

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX keep my toes crossed.

Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer