Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I have submitted my invention to invent sai, they said they…

Customer Question
I have submitted my invention...
I have submitted my invention to invent sai, they said they love the invention and they made a report for it which cost me 948.00, now they want me to sign a contract to put in a uitiity patent which is going to cost me 13,485.00 and that would be from patent to the marketing and on the sheveles,they are going to put in all the drawings that i submitted ,then they said it wouldn't be much after that. I don't want to give them this money without being sure they aren't going to rip me off in the long run. they would take 10% of the sales and that i would make my money back first before they start taking there 10% I'm not sure what can i do ,so they don't take my money and run. Its all my savings .
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
1/8/2012
IP Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Most of these companies, especially if they have complaints already, take inventors for their invention. A typical patent will cost about $8000-$10,000 but that is with a local patent attorney. if this company has complaints already I would advise you to shop around for local patent attorneys because with them you have more control and more leverage through the state bar and patent bar if they do not deliver what they have promised.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer