Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I am writing a prospectus for a film project which was started…

Customer Question
I am writing a prospectus...
I am writing a prospectus for a film project which was started two years ago. We are ready to approach investors for production funds. Does offering the investors a 50% share of the profits limit our authority to make the movie our way?

Carol
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
1/3/2012
IP Lawyer: MShore, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
MShore
MShore, Lawyer
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. No, it does not. there is a distinction between profits and management/ownership.Please let me know if you need additional guidance on this point.
MShore
MShore, Lawyer