Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

I received a court directed notice to for my ISP to disclose…

Customer Question
I received a court directed...
I received a court directed notice to for my ISP to disclose my personal information. My ISP says they have to give out the information unless I file a motion to quash it. How do I proceed with this.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/8/2010
IP Lawyer: Alex Reese, Lawyer replied 7 years ago
Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
Alex Reese :

hello

Alex Reese :

you have to file a legal motion (i.e. a legal brief/paper) with the court

Alex Reese :

you can possibly find a "motion to quash" sample online somewhere...this is the type of thing that an attorney would write, but you may be able to do it yourself if you have some samples...although filing it will also require some research since there are rules and procedures for each court

Alex Reese :

if you can find a reasonably priced attorney it may be worth it to have the motion prepared and filed for you so that its done right

JACUSTOMER-p8moc0j8- :

you don't know where i could find this samle online do you

Alex Reese :

I dont know of a particular place, just a google search...there are many sites offering online legal forms (mostly for a fee) but you can find some online for free sometimes....but again, formats/rules differ by court (federal/state etc) you should visit the website for the court and even contact them for assistance

JACUSTOMER-p8moc0j8- :

ok, thank you

Alex Reese :

basically you would be winging it and theres no way to tell if you can do a good job and file it properly...this is something an attorney would do

Alex Reese
Alex Reese, Lawyer