Intellectual Property Law

Intellectual property law questions? Ask a lawyer

Does this have a patent or any kind of production to stop me…

Customer Question
Does this have a patent...
Does this have a patent or any kind of production to stop me from reproducing it, and marketing not as my own but new. It Has no patent markings on it. How could i do a search if he does.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Intellectual Property Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2010
IP Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Patent searches can cost several thousand dollars and you would need to bring the item to a patent attorney for review of the design and also they would check by name of the company and name of the party who may have applied for the patent. Just because the item has no markings does not necessarily mean it is not patented so you need to have a search done through a local patent attorney.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.