Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I need to know the octane requirement for a Ford LRG 423 gas…

I need to know...

I need to know the octane requirement for a Ford LRG 423 gas engine used in a Genie Lift.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No gas hog. Just takes two attempts before it starts.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1998

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just replaced the PCV valve

6/20/2018
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your question!

Just regular unleaded gas, 89 octane is fine. no high test required.

New spark plugs will always help!

Thanks for the info. Will give it a try. None of the manuals specified the required octain.

OK>Thanks, ***** ***** the 5-star rating chart to close the question and get me credit!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Thanks!