Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a JLG 2032E2 I purchased as-is at auction without…

Customer Question
I have a JLG 2032E2...
I have a JLG 2032E2 I purchased as-is at auction without batteries. I installed batteries & attempted to operate the lift. (I own other JLG lifts) It has less than 500 hours and doesn't appear to have been under water. Here's the issue: regardless of whether I move the joystick forward or reverse, or move the lift/drive toggle between lift or drive, the machine only goes in reverse. Every position of the joystick in either drive or lift mode causes it to drive in reverse. It steers as it should. If I turn the key to the right & use the Ground Controls, it will lift and lower as it should. The control box is clean inside & looks to be original and un-touched. The cable is in good condition. I haven't found any damage to any of the components.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
3/25/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your question!

The reverse solenoid valve is stuck in the closed position, it has to open for any other function to work. Locate the solenoid vlave in the valve ody, and check it. It could have voltage to it at all times, that would make the wiring the problem, but if there is no voltage to it, the reverse valve is stuck!