Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a 3219 skyjack and all it will do is run the

I have a 3219...

I have a 3219 skyjack and all it will do is run the hydraulic pump. None of the functions work. What's my problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes doing it myself. I'm 300 miles from a service centre. I've checked for power on solenoids. Removed the valves on the main block. Flushed them out and blew air through them. It worked one day and the next nothing. It has been sitting outside in -10 weather

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

3/17/2018
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. When you say it will only run the pump are you saying that you have confirmed that you have good hydraulic pressure with test gauges. Because hydraulic flow is not necessarily pressure and the relief valves on the main control valve or what regulate system pressure so there are times you can have some pump flow but it may not be enough to reach full circuit pressure for the functions to operate. What you were going to want to do is check the pump Drive coupling to make sure the hydraulic pump is turning. If that is confirmed okay then you want to check inside the hydraulic filter and oil for any signs of fine metal or debris that would confirm a component or pump failure occurring. If found the system will need to be completely cleaned out before running a new pump or component otherwise cross-contamination will happen and another failure will happen very quickly and prematurely. If you have a good pump pressure and supply and no restrictions on the suction side and no signs of metal in the filters are oil you will want to be sure that the relief valves have no damage no rings or scoring or show signs of any other damage that they might be sticking Etc. If the relief cartridges are okay and if your functions are electric over hydraulic you want to be sure that the solenoids have power when you engage the functions. For testing purposes you can supply power separately to see if you can manually control each individual function by doing so. Let me know the results. Please remember to take a moment to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated
Ok I will check pressure and filter. I have checked the pump drive and it is good
Sounds good... Keep me posted
Dan, Technician