Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

One wheel on my jlg 1930es has the brake on The other is…

Customer Question
One wheel on my jlg...
One wheel on my jlg 1930es has the brake on
The other is working. I tried thr brake release button but still same results
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
3/16/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Professionals are not employees of the site but we can follow up as needed on here. What is the serial number of your Lift?
the serial number plate fell of, so I don't know it
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Thanks for the update. We will do the best we can without it. What you were going to need is to pull and check for fault codes and the easiest way is with the JLG analyzer connected there should be a two digit flash code that you could count the flashes of the light. For example code 2 5 is 4 drive prevented brakes not releasing
that one in particular is throne when driving on a level surface the Armature current is below 150 amps for 5 seconds this code would be thrown. Brakes are then assumed to not be releasing properly. The solution for that particular code would be in sure the vehicles not stuck in something preventing movement and also check or inspect the drive motor wiring inspect the brakes and check for other mechanical issues such as gear failure in the final drive. I use this one for an example because it is closest to the symptoms you are experiencing. Double check for fault codes and see what you get for fault codes but if you have no codes I would run through the checks that I just mentioned look for any broken gears or damage or chipped teeth that would be causing that drive to bind up on that side. Check for brake issues and confirm that that drive motor is working properly. Let me know the results and we can follow up as needed on here. Please remember to take a moment and read my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings in bonuses are always greatly appreciated

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.