Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

We have an older 500 rts with the leveler option. all

Customer Question
We have an older...

We have an older 500 rts with the leveler option. all celinoids seem to be working fine when activated. They move up and down we just have very little pressure. All other hydraulic functions work great. Any idea what to check next ??????

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Noble is a 500RTS.......Serial numbers is###-##-####....upc709264021252

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
3/7/2018
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 month ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Low pressure is usually caused by a weak or failing pump or a faulty relief valve for the circuit. Relief valves will be on the main control valve and regulate pressure in the circuit. You will want to inspect them for damaged O-rings possible debris that is keeping them stuck open both bypassing pressure and not allowing circuit pressure to build up to spec. Check inside the filter for fine metal or debris that would indicate a potential pump or component failure occurring. Let me know the results and we can follow up as needed. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five star ratings and bonuses are greatly appreciated.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dan, we have pressure on all other functions. It will raise the platform, slide extensions, etc. but on the leveler we have almost no pressure. They will go down but you can stop it with your hands..... You can put your toe under it and it stops before it hurts. We are rechecking all the valves now
Thank you for the update. If all other functions are normal and it is isolated just to that one function and the control valve is okay it points to a circuit relief valve. It is the relief valve cartridge where that circuit is set to a particular pressure and if there is any debris causing that relief to stick open it will never be allowed to build circuit pressure for that circuit. Damaged O-rings can also cause a relief to just to bypass pressure as well. It's a pleasure to help
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dan...we have been through all the leveler solenoids and valves. They all appear to be working fine. The dump or relieve solenoid is working....jumps in and out when power is applied. We can hear the load on the motor when we move the lift or raise the platform. When you try to move the leveler up or down it does not create a load on the motor or the pump. So either something is wide open letting it flow thus not creating a load....or some thing is not opening to allow flow to create load. ANY thoughts where to go next????????

Fully extend leveling jacks to check. 4. Shut down hydraulic system and allow machine to sit for 10-15 minutes. Carefully remove hydraulic hoses from cylinder port block. 5. There will be initial weeping of hydraulic fluid, which can be caught in a suitable container. After the initial discharge, there should not be any further leakage from the ports. If leakage continues at a rate of 6-8 drops per minute or more, cylinder repairs must be made. If the retract port is leaking, the piston seals are defective and must be replaced. If the extend port is leaking, the counterbalance valve is defective and must be replaced. 6. If no repairs are necessary or when repairs have been made, carefully reconnect hydraulic hoses to the appropriate ports. 7. Remove lifting device from platform, activate hydraulic system and run cylinder through one complete cycle to check for leaks.

Do you have the manuals with the schematics?

500RTS Rexroth/Hydraforce Valve

Main Relief - 2800 psi (193 bar)

Steer Relief - 1500 psi (103 bar)

Steer Relief 4-W/S (If Equipped) - 1500 psi (103 bar)

Platform Extension (If Equipped) - 1200 psi (83 bar)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We do have manuals.... We are working on checking presses now.....not sure what or where to fined the counter balance valve????

Let me know what you are getting for pressures.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We found the counter balance valve on each cylinder in the manual......this model does not have them

Okay thanks for the update and this is the same result for all cylinders correct?

Check for power to the control valve solenoids and the wiring harness and if okay try swapping the solenoid valve with another circuit that checks good to see if the problem follows the solenoid valve.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have good pressure every where but the outriggers

What is the pressure you are getting for the outrigger circuit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a switch somewhere that tells the level ears not to work when the platform is up????
There are different safety and proximity limit switches on the lift. I am mobile now with my cell phone so I don't have the schematics in front of me but I am under the understanding that you have all the manuals with those schematics in them?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where it's it located at
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The outrigger circuit
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
0 on the outrigger side
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What are the two jacks by the front tires do and would they have anything to do with the outriggers not working right
I am not at my computer right now where I can review the schematics so it might not be till later tonight before I can get to the computer to review those schematics. So it sounds like you don't have these schematics or the manuals to review the circuit or are those schematics confusing to you? Both the hydraulic and the electrical schematics are in the service book and the diagrams with part numbers are in the parts book. Did you need these manuals or are you looking for me to look these up for you when I get back to my office?
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 23 days ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Dan, Technician