Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

Was getting a 2/1 error code flash on my jlg 400s lift.

Was getting a 2/1...

Was getting a 2/1 error code flash on my jlg 400s lift. Footswitch was looking rough so i bought an analyzer and a new footswitch. connected the new switch with no improvement and did a diagnostics run with the analyzer. Got a main dump valve short to ground message. What should be my next step? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2008 jlg 400s s/n(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should be a good start.

1/18/2018
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc. I need some time to pull up the manuals and review the schematics etc. Do you have your manuals as well or do you need help with those as well?

I have down loaded the service manual pdf to my desktop. Printed out the schematic. My next step would be to check the foot switch wiring for a break. It is dark now, so hands on time will be tomorrow.

If you have the schematics You will want to OHm out and check the dump valve solenoid coil for short to ground and the wiring in the circuit. If you were to unplug the dump valve it should give you an open circuit fault if the solenoid is at fault but continuity to ground also confirms it. Let me know

That is fine. I will be logged in throughout the day tomorrow as well. Im on EST here.

Once you have all the info you need, Please remember to take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Dan, Technician
I printed out the hydraulic picture and don't see the main dump valve on there. Not sure where the valve is located. Will