Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a D6c 10k4279 been sitting for months won’t start.

Customer Question
I have a D6c...

I have a D6c 10k4279 been sitting for months won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

D6c 10k 4279

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
1/10/2018
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today are

you getting smoke exhaust when cranking it over ??

what have you tried so far

No it seems like I’m not getting any fuel to the pump I’m working the pump plunger but I can’t feel any pressure being built up

Hi

Thank you for the response

OK, I suggest replacing the fuel filter and fresh clean fuel

in the filter, add some additive to the fuel

it can grow algae after sitting awhile

us a little starting fluid in the air cleaner to get it going

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I already put in new fuel and put on a new filter didn’t add additive but I did use starting fluid but couldn’t get it to hit

Hi

Thank you for that

on your injection pump is a fuel shut off solenoid

make sure you are getting 12 volts to that

Whr about would that be located and would a mechanical fuel pump have that?

Hi

It would be on the top or side on inj pump

no mechanical pump will not have that

also if the primer is not pumping up it is sucking aur

get a container of fuel and run the hose from bucket to

the primer bulb, this will see if it sucking air

MorningJust following up with youdid my answer help You ??Wayne