Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a JTL 1930 ES other contractor borrowed it for a day…

Customer Question
I have a JTL 1930...
I have a JTL 1930 ES other contractor borrowed it for a day and doesn’t lift or move flashes 9 times.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
1/7/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your question!

Battery pack fully charged? Operator manual should show the 9 fash code. ???

Flashes 9 times, a contractor borrowed it and worked fine he parked and next day doesn’t work. We changed the control but did seem to be the problem.
Yellow/red and orange/red wire disconnect when charged and connect with uncharge.

I can't get access to the JLG site to check codes. Do you know what the 9 flash code represents from the operators manua? And batteries are fully charged?

Battery not fully charged since the problem it’s in the process of charged(need to use in Monday so solving the problem right now) but it doesn’t seem to be the problem.
The batteries on each side reads 10.5v and 12.1v. Would that be enough. Battery is almost full.

Batteries are very low, 22.6 volts is all you show. And a 24 volt battery pack, fully charged would be over 29 volts. I would put on charge and be sure charger is working, then test after batteries are fully charged. The flash code has multiple errors and some are voltage related, so that is the place to start.

12.4 and 12.6 on each side of the battery back right now. Where should we test next. I will keep charging as we speak.
Charger light indicating charging.

With battery voltage up, remove the power cable, and reattach and let the system reset. If it still errors out with the 9 flash code, then the controller needs to be programmed and you will need dealer or a JLG programer.

I placed this controller with a functioning 1930es It worked. So controller might not be faulty. I reset the power the fault code persists. I read The manual and want to see if the load sensing sensor might be the cause as well as the valve causing the pump to pump backwards how do I check those.

The scissor will not work from lower or upper ? Only way pump turns backward is if the power to the DC motor is reversed! Do you get any pump motor noise?

Will not rise or move in the rest position. No noise from the pump. When key is plugged in and lowering command is put the scissor will beep. Rising no respond.

I will try and get into the JLG system in the AM. But load sensor would be next test.

Good morning. How do I get to jlg system and Check load sensor.

Go to main page, below, go to Resources, then select manuals.

hi good morning again. The load sensor is what we’ll test next? Where is it and how do I check if it’s faulty.

load sensor should be in the lower control box area. I can't get any of the manuals from JLG to download. Have you tried?

I tried but did not download or seen anything after clicking on the files.

Always was reliable before this. Not sure what is wrong with JLG site.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician