Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a Skyjack that has been sitting for about a year. i…

Customer Question
I have a Skyjack...

I have a Skyjack that has been sitting for about a year. i replaced the batteries, and it fired right up, but when i press the turn buttons, the left one works, and the right one does not. when i first started it up, neither button worked, but then the left one started to work. The right one still does not.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It is a Skyjack 4226, made in 1998

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
12/27/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your question!

Swap the wires on the steer switches, and see if it is bad switch or wiring problem. The switches have to open solenoid valve on the hydraulic manifold for it to steer, The one solenoid works, the other is not, either switch, wire, or solenoid coil is fault.

are you talking about the switches in the joystick - or somewhere else?

Joystick switches.

got it. and where are the solenoids?

In the drive manifold.

dont want to sound stupid - is the drive manifold in the "control box" - (where the joystick is) - or down in the big swing out box that has the hydraulics - wiring - etc.?

With the hydraulics, in the lower section.

ok - thank you. !

Check the model number, looks like it could be wrong. See parts list in link above.

You will need to find a local Agco dealer. Where are you located?