Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a 2005 jlg 3394rt with a Duetz engine. I bought it…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 jlg 3394rt with a Duetz engine. I bought it not running and a jlg tech said the board in the ground control box was bad. Before it would not do anything and now after replacing the board with a new one it will spin over for about three seconds but not start the stability alarm is flashing red on the platform controls. Would this not let engine start? I think that the stability alarm is another problem but hoping for some help from the experts

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

The best I have as of now is 05 3394rt, This was a rental and pretty beat up covered in concrete. Where would it be

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
12/22/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your question!

Engine will turn over but not start

What is the engine model? Does it have the front, mounted fan for cooling? If fan belt is broken, there is a micro switch that will keep the engine from running. As for the stability alarm, check the level switch.

It does have a front mount cooling fan

Is fan belt in place?

Travel switch?

The engine should crank, regardless of the stability alarm. So it has something that is kicking out the starter. Safety switch, oil or coolant? if you go direct to the starter solenoid, can you jump solenoid and spin engine? Is the fuel shutoff opening the fuel rack?

Fuel marking it to the rack but not coming out
Engine is a f3m 2011

Mechanical injection, not electronic? Where is the fuel shutoff? It has to open the mechanical pumps, via the fuel rack.

Front of the motor

Is it getting battery voltage to open it?

I will check

OK>

Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 months ago

I see the question is still open, did you find the problem