Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

Hyster H80XL...we have transmission fluid in the housing...a…

Customer Question
Hyster H80XL...we have transmission...

Hyster H80XL...we have transmission fluid in the bell housing...a lot...and its flinging fluid into the starter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

F005D04853M

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

My technician is. He pulled the motor because we thought the seal was leaking but when we got it a part...there was NO seal on the shaft or converter. There is a rectangular hole at the bottom of the trans that goes through to the pan

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?

No...don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
12/21/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

There is no seal there, the torque converter has an internal seal

you need to replace the converter

I hope this helps you

Have a Merry Christmas

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5- star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

What about the rectangle shaped hole at the bottom of the transmission the goes into the pan?

Hi

Thank you for the response

Sorry for the delay was called out

that rectangle hole is a breather, air, and discharge when the seal fails

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you ??

Merry Christmas

HI

I took the time to answer you

Please take the time to respond to me