Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

We have a JLG 1930es. and it doesnt maintain a charge. what…

Customer Question
We have a JLG...

We have a JLG 1930es. and it doesnt maintain a charge. what do you think it may be. The batteries are fairley new

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial nu(###) ###-####model is 1930es

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

We top off the batteries with acid. but it still does not hold the charge

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
11/25/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your question!

Does the charger show to be charging? What is battery pack voltage after charger has run full cycle? 24-volt pack should be close to 30 volts when fully charged, with good batteries.

The only thing that affects battery life is lack of charge or a pump motor that is pulling too many amps!

how can i check if the battery has a full charge.

You need a test volt meter.

let me grab one and get back to you.

OK>