Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

My 45-22 genie lift main and secondary boom will only lift…

Customer Question
My 45-22 genie lift...

My 45-22 genie lift main and secondary boom will only lift to about 30 inches off the ground then 12 volt electric power that controls the hyd control valve shuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Genie Z-45/22 Serial number Z-45-006483 Manufacture Date 9/97

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?

Wondering if it would be the safety level and how to test it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
11/23/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

5-32 in the service manual covers the troubleshooting. Level switch is not likley problem, See service manual link below.

i have that manual and have narrowed it down to electric prob between control panel and electric hyd controls

If you want to test the level, just locate it and hold it off and work it around while testing, holding it level should take it out of the equation.