Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a Hyster 60 with the monotrol it will not move

Customer Question
I have a Hyster...

I have a Hyster 60 with the monotrol it will not move forward or back

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I do not know the serial #

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have made sure the brake pedal is not out of adjustment and have made sure there is power to the forward and backward solenoids

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?

Would like to know more about the valve that releases the oil pressure when you step on the brakes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
11/9/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

The forward and backward solenoids both are working from the monocontrol pedal. Machine appears to be by passing oil pressure instead of driving

Inching valve kicks the transmission into neutral when the brake on left is applied, or if it has single brake. It can be a mechanical valve with a brake line to the inching control , or can be a solenoid activated valve. But if it sticks, you loose f/r. It is a spring loaded valve, so valve can stuck, or spring can break.

It has just a single brake pedal.
It is a mechanical valve with a linkage coming from the brake pedal

That makes it easy to check, just remove the linkage and then the valve , to check the inner parts.

Is the valve separate from the rod sticking out of the valve body?

Yes,

I will check that tomorrow and get back to you. Thank you for now

OK> Thanks,

I have finally found the serial# ***** this machine and it is D177B10348R I believe the model to be a Hyster H60XM..
I have taken the linkage off from what I would call the inch valve.. this moves in and out of the transmission freely. I also pull the steel oil line off right beside this and took that valve out and it moves freely with no issues. I did notice it doesn't make and oil pressure from this port when unhooked and the machine is running.. hopefully this makes sense thanks, Brandon

The linkage from the brake to the transmission control valve, did you remove the valve under it in the transmission? Do you have a pressure gage to check transmission pressure> Needs to be about 200 psi in neutral and when shifted to F/R.

I do not have a gauge unfortunately

Most auto supplys rent them or you can make a test gage . But the inching control is all that would affect both forward and reverse.

I recently lifted the machine off the ground with my telehandler and the tires spin backwards only no matter which way you run the monotrol. I set it back on the ground and it almost moves backwards giving it throttle but it does not end up moving.. never does it try and go forward

Is this monotrol the hydraulic version , with oil lines to it and to the transmission control or is it electric switches and solenoids on the transmission.