Industrial Equipment

Have Industrial Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now

Industrial Equipment

I have an older JLG40H and the platform does not turn. I

have checked the system and...
I have an older JLG40H and the platform does not turn. I have checked the system and found the hydraulic motor works and turns the worm gear but the platform does not move much. Is this a problem with the brake pads?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: It is a model 40h Lift. I have no serial number but it was manufactured in the mid 80's
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
10/18/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

More likley the worm gear and shaft may have a stripped keyway! Can you move platform without using motor?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we can move platform but we disassembled the unit already and replaced the key

Was key damaged? Is there no key on the worm?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The key way held the cap and was broken. We replaced with new.

See link below, is the gear pinned to the shaft?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it is not. It appears the gear turns via the hydraulic motor. Your pic is similar to mine
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did I lose you?

Is gear slipping on the shaft, looks like all that holds it is the bolt and washers in the end of the shaft.??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it slips. No keyway, no bolt.

Bolt on the end of shaft and washers are to keep the gear from slipping.

I see question is still open.??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please close.

You have to use the 5 star rating system to close the question. Please rate in a positive manner or I get no credit.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician