Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a daewoo forklift with a hercules 2.7 petrol motor.

Customer Question
I have a daewoo...

I have a daewoo forklift with a hercules 2.7 petrol motor. When I try to start it it it seems to ignite in the exhaust pipe with a big back fire however it will not ignite in the cylinders

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No not particularly however It seemed to lose compression a few weeks ago and was always developing preignition so I took the head off and cleaned all the carbon off which seemed to be preventing the valves from seating properly. Now I have compression but when I try to start it it backfires in the exhaust

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Daewoo?

I dont know the year (early 2000s). the model is G2OS-2

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Daewoo?

I just said I'm not sure I think early 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Holy crap don't you read the email

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
9/22/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

Have you checked the timing if the distributor? Remove the # 1 spark plug and the distributor cap, and crank engine and watch the rotor position. See where rotor is when # 1 blows compression, do it two or three revolutions, to get idea of where # 1 is on rotor, then compare to distributor cap # 1 wire. Check the wires on cap to be sure firing order is correct. 1-3-4-2

Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago

I see question is still open.???