Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

We have an older model todano to 20110 crane on a peterbuilt

Customer Question

We have an older model todano to 20110 crane on a peterbuilt chassis and the rear outriggers are leaking inside the retractable legs, we are trying to remove the leg so we can see where the leak is and repair it, the cylinder pin is removeved and the leg still won't come out ....is there something else that needs to be disconnected to alllow the leg to slide out completely?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Todano 20110 is what is on the crane turret?
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there anybody looking into this question?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. There should be some stops to remove on the rear of the leg to prevent it from over extending.... Remove those with it retracted, once removed extend the outrigger and them disconnect the end of the cylinder rod from the outrigger and hoses while capping them with hydraulic caps and plugs. Then you will us a transmission jack on a level floor, forklift, lifting crane, etc to take slight weight off while sliding the extension out while watching the hoses and cylinder from getting caught. Let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The outriggers are horizontall mounted in one singl square channel and only one pin in the centre which can be seen from the outside, no inspection plate as far as we can see...just an external hydraulic block where all the internal connections must plumb out to.
We can't see any place to access the back stop if there is one....can you help?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Let me see what I can come up with for breakdowns to help.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

I got no breakdowns for this model unfortunately.... im going to opt out in case someone else might have some manuals or parts breakdowns for you. Otherwise I will have to reach out to a dealer/vendor during normal business hours. Dont respond back or the question will be locked back to me.