Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

1986 blue charger generator welder, no weld, just sparks on…

Customer Question
1986 Miller blue charger...

1986 Miller blue charger generator welder, no weld, just sparks on electrode, low ac. I have seen the blogs and I have several schematics. D4 and scr2 are ok. How can the exciter voltage to scr2 be approx 167v with an ac output of approx 12v dc

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

No smoke noted all dcr's seem ok. What is your charge for assistance? Chuck

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Small Engine Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, but how much is the final bill and I am not satisfied until the machine is working or I a definite definable problem is found. chuck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I applied shop 120 v to ac side of scr2 and noted 16 V doc at the positive terminal to ground. The 120 v, 100 hz recptical produced power, but no weld.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
Miller 200le blue charger. 1986 year model. Onan engine, welder, generator and battery charger.
Answered in 5 days by:
9/19/2017
Mechanic: Jeremy, Technician replied 9 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Turned out to be the scr2. Replaced it and everything works.

Glad it is fixed!