Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a 60KW Winco generator running on propane. After 2000…

Customer Question
I have a 60KW...

I have a 60KW Winco generator running on propane. After 2000 hours of operation, heard alarm. Oil pressure in start up was 50 psi. After twenty minutes of operation, pressure dropped to 20 pis.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Winco. it is about a year old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

First, I want to find out what caused this problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I had an oil sample analyzed. It showed the presence of trace sodium. I have learned that a common source of sodium in lubricating oil is a failure in the coolant system

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
I had the lube oil analyzed. It showed the presence of sodium. Further research indicated that the only source of sodium would be from the coolant system indicating a coolant system failure contaminating the lube oil.
Answered in 6 days by:
9/19/2017
Mechanic: Jeremy, Technician replied 11 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy