Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a jlg 600s will drive forward but not reverse, 1998…

Customer Question
I have a jlg...

I have a jlg 600s will drive forward but not reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1998 600s serial is 064236(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hoping to yes and iv replaced the drive contol in the basket but not to sure where to go from here

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
9/7/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

What happens if you rotate the boom 180 degrees, and try to drive.

it does the same thing when it gets warm it works of and on but not 100%

Swap the forward/reverse valves in the main control valve . Likely the reverse valve is not opening when it should. Can be the coil, but more likely the internal valve.