Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have a deutz 150 kw generator and I can not get it to

Customer Question

I have a deutz 150 kw generator and I can not get it to start. I have a new battery and is charged reading 12.66 volts. all it will do is to click
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Mot Typ BF6M 1013 CP Code- D160/2 Mot,-Nr. 00523545
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No the only problem I am having
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

What does battery voltage do when you turn to start and you get the click? If it drops , to 9 volts or such, the starter is trying to turn the engine. Can you manually turn engine with wrench? If there is no voltage drop, the solenoid is not engaging the starter, and the starter or solenoid may be bad.