Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a deutz 150 kw generator and I can not get it to

Customer Question
I have a deutz...

I have a deutz 150 kw generator and I can not get it to start. I have a new battery and is charged reading 12.66 volts. all it will do is to click

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Mot Typ BF6M 1013 CP Code- D160/2 Mot,-Nr. 00523545

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No the only problem I am having

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
8/4/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 11 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

What does battery voltage do when you turn to start and you get the click? If it drops , to 9 volts or such, the starter is trying to turn the engine. Can you manually turn engine with wrench? If there is no voltage drop, the solenoid is not engaging the starter, and the starter or solenoid may be bad.