Industrial Equipment

Have industrial equipment repair questions? Ask an Expert now

I have a Powerscreen 1400 that wont start, turns over but…

Customer Question
I have a Powerscreen...

I have a Powerscreen 1400 that wont start, turns over but wont fire. We have checked the Emergency stops.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2013 Cheiftain 1400 #pid 00066jdgd97479

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Air filters are good e shutdowns are good

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
8/2/2017
Mechanic: J Smith,
 replied 1 year ago
J Smith

Hi, my name is ***** ***** hopefully I will be able to help. I'm guessing your Powerscreen has the Cat engine like the ones I've seen in the past. Typical problems include the stops that you've already checked, fuel delivery problems (clogged screen, insufficient pump pressure), and glow plug problems. One thing with these Cat units is that they also need to be turning over at a good rate to start. So often they will not start if the battery is somewhat drained. I have serviced them in the past where they are turning fast enough to start a normal petrol engine and still won't start, but once we put the booster on or jumped them they started right up.

So to recap these are the things you should check first: 1. Is it turning over fast enough (like when it does start)? 2. Are the glow plugs heating up? 3. Are you receiving fuel at the intake manifold?

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

Best Regards,