Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have a Genie, Z-34/22 manlift, diesel engine. when I first

Customer Question

i have a Genie, Z-34/22 manlift, diesel engine. when I first use the machine everything works fine but 1/2hr into working the manlift the hydraulic slows right down to a crawl. I shut the machine down for awhile & it works fine until it gets warm. I understand it might be a relieve valve but where do I start?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: I don't have it on me know, could get it tonight
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

Start by checking the hydraulic pressure, much more likley a worn pump, than a relief valve. Relief valve will not change setting.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need to test pump pressure 1st

Yes, it has all the classic signs of a pump going bad! It worked ok, when cold , but looses performance as it warms.

I see question is still open, please use the 5 star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks!