Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have a 1994 Genie Z45/22 duel fuel Ford motor. Our problem

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Genie Z45/22 duel fuel Ford motor. Our problem is this. Machine starts fine and will work fine soon after started. As we use it usually within a half hour during the summer(hotter temps) the platform controls slowly begin to stop working.Examples: can extend boom but then won't retract, Will go up, but then won't want to come down. Driving is also effected, 4X4 drive will work but at times won't steer, 2X4 drive usually won't work properly and if you need to steer, you need to stop the machine, turn the wheels and then go again. The warmer it is outside the worse it is and the faster it starts to malfunction or not function at all. The controls on the base seem to work fine, only the controls in the basket are effected. We have had several techs out to try and fix this, but none seemed to be able to fix it. They say there is a voltage drop to the platform that is preventing the controls from working properly. We had all the wiring from the base to the platform replaced under warranty in the past. No one seems to know how to remedy this problem. Any suggestions?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Serial #Z45-000873, Model-Z45/22, Date of manufacture, 5/1993
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that i know of. Thank you!
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately since I am paying for this service I would prefer to communicate with someone who regularly works on this type of equipment. Thank you and I appreciate your willingness to try and assist me on this.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

You've got it. I have this on the board.