Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

How can i find the year of my forklift based on the serial

Customer Question

how can i find the year of my forklift based on the serial number?
Category: Industrial Equipment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a Clark model GPS20MB SN: GP138MB-626-6925K0F
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

The 6925 lot number makes it a 1988 year model forklift.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** you can tell me the seal kit I need for the lift cylinders?

Te mast has it's on set of numbers and you have to get numbers off the mast, look of the rigid rail, on the outer flange, in front, an area that usually does not get damaged, look for number like M1004-188 example.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is on the inside of the top rail.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
on the bottom where the tilt cylinders attach it says 238696.

No, you need a letter. number combination.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The only letter number combination I see on the last is 12F87SI. That's at the top right by the first number I gave you.

I worked for Clark dealer for years, Those numbers will not get you mast seals. If it has a Cascade upright, it will have a big metal plate on the outside rail on the side. but most units have a Clark mast.

The numbers typically, you would stand on the forks,and the number would be on the right side of the front of mast, on the outer edge.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm se it's a Clark mast, it has two lift cylinders...I'm not at my shop anymore, I'll do some more looking when I get back later.

OK< two cylinders, one on each side?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

So it is a single stage mast, so the number may be m or f letter followed by four numbers and the the height, like 120.h

I see question is still open, please rate to close the question and get me credit! Thanks.