Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have Yale forklift truck GLCO model very sluggish in

Customer Question

hi I have Yale forklift truck GLCO model very sluggish in forward drive is their a filter for trans fluid ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Industrial Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thanks
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I checked trans fluid looks a bit murky thought I would change fluid and filter if there is one
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

You can try changing the fluid, and clean the strainer in the bottom of the transmission housing. But you really need to check the forward and reverse clutch pressures. and see if both are in the 180 psi rage. More likley you have forward clutch seals leaking,and transmission clutches need to be rebuilt.