Industrial Equipment

Have Industrial Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now

Industrial Equipment

Forklift does not go into reverse, C25CL, changed 3 diods

Customer Question
forklift does not go into...
forklift does not go into reverse
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: C25CL
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed 3 diods checked all fues
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no power to forward / reverse switch just forward side
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
1/9/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Journeyman

HI I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

if you use a jumper to reverse switch will it move ??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tried the jumper still no reverse

Thank you for that

I will opt-out and send to another expert

Sorry I could not help

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help Do you just have forward speeds and no reverse or is there a problem in forward speeds as well? Check the oil and filter condition for metal/debris indicating an internal mechanical problem. If okay then test power in and out of the shift controller in each gear position and to the solenoids for a possible failed controller. If there is power there and no movement check the resistance of the solenoids to verify they are all in line with resistance values. If so the next step is to have the pressures tested and look further into an internal problem. Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have switched wires it will go into reverse it seems there is no power to the reverse side?

Thanks for the info... So if it will engage reverse powering the solenoid separately test the outputs of the shifter in each speed. If no power out in reverse you likely have a bad shifter.... Contacts are known to wear out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no I have tested both

No there is no power out of the shifter? What about for forward?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
forward I have power and if I switch wires I have power for reverse

If you are testing right out of the shifter it means the shifter has failed

Dan, Technician