Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have a lull 6-42 reach forklift. I believe it is about a

Customer Question

i have a lull 6-42 reach forklift. I believe it is about a 1998 has 5000 hours and is in very good shape. when we put it in gear sometimes it will not engage the transmission. we replaced the safety switch on the boon that would declutch the transmission and seemed to work fine for just a bit. (before we got the new switch we just put the wires together, at the swith and that worked also) If we are carfull to hold the key switch just a bit to the right as it is running it will allow the transmission to go into gear. (this seems to by pass the safety switches) we have replaced the key switch also. -no effect - must be another safety switch going out like on transmission. - got any ideas
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Industrial Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i know of
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

May be the solenoid on the transmission , not letting it go into gear. The solenoid the switch activates. Check for voltage at the solenid.