How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Industrial Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 28899
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
Type Your Industrial Equipment Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an old Hyster 30 with the Monotrol pedal. I believe

Customer Question

I have an old Hyster 30 with the Monotrol pedal. I believe the pedal is not working correctly but don`t know. if it is not I was wondering if i could plumb another valve in to take care of direction of travel
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: A30S A010D12799U
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i was trying to go this route because i do not use the forklift much and a new pedal would be more then the forklift is worth
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The industrial equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thanks
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Once a Monitrol, always a monitrol! Sorry. Can't be converted. You have what kind of problems? Is this all hydraulic type, or is this newer electric version with switches on pedal and solenoids on transmission? Hydrauic type below.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
last time i had it working it would only move in one direction, it is the all hydraulic type
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

the foot valve has few parts in it, just springs and check balls. Do you have a local Hyster dealer that you could take valve in and have them go through it? New check balls and springs might be all you need.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my last response?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Please rate to close the question.