Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I have an old Hyster 30 with the Monotrol pedal. I believe

Customer Question

I have an old Hyster 30 with the Monotrol pedal. I believe the pedal is not working correctly but don`t know. if it is not I was wondering if i could plumb another valve in to take care of direction of travel
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: A30S A010D12799U
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i was trying to go this route because i do not use the forklift much and a new pedal would be more then the forklift is worth
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The industrial equipment mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: thanks
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

Once a Monitrol, always a monitrol! Sorry. Can't be converted. You have what kind of problems? Is this all hydraulic type, or is this newer electric version with switches on pedal and solenoids on transmission? Hydrauic type below.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
last time i had it working it would only move in one direction, it is the all hydraulic type

the foot valve has few parts in it, just springs and check balls. Do you have a local Hyster dealer that you could take valve in and have them go through it? New check balls and springs might be all you need.

I see question is still open, did you see my last response?

Please rate to close the question.