Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Medium/Heavy Duty Technician, Hydraulics, Brakes, Electrical Certified
9290743

I just bought a s250 Bobcat and it seems to have a bit

Customer Question

I just bought a s250 Bobcat and it seems to have a bit excessive noise noticeable from the drivers seat only, it sounds like maybe the drive chains are loose. Is there something that can be done to correct it. Also It almost seems as if the hydraulic pump seems a bit noisier than it should be. Any ideas or help you can offer? Its an '04 with 4500hrs on it.
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Change the fluid and filters then see if the noise goes away. That is usually the first thing that causes these to have that noise you are describing. If the noise remains, then the pump might be going bad and it will need to be changed. That is the 2 things that cause that noise, including the chain noise.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What does chain noise have to do with a bad pump. Also do you have any drawings in the case I do need to change the pump. And don't worry I always rate you guys. You will get a good rating. Do answer confidently
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The machine has a lot of push. That can hardly be a bad pump can it?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

If the pump is making noise, it can still give good pressure, but be grinding from a bad bearing in the pump wheel. Usually that noise is from the hydraulic oil being too worn and too thin though. I was only giving a "just in case" scenario.

On the chains, if the oil isn't sloshing the oil on the chains good enough, they get too hot and expand which is what makes them loosen a bit and cause noise. That is why I always recommend at least a filter change first, then oil after if the oil hasn't been changed in long time. I do that before I do a chain adjust. Now if the noise is still there, then I would do a chain adjust. Oil is always first though since that cause 99% of the noise you tend to have on these.

I have a digital manual at he shop that I can upload tomorrow for you that will give you the adjustment steps for the linkage.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. Also please send me the adjustment steps. Also I have tried numerous times to rate you but it is not working. I can try later again
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

You can out the rating in the reply with what you want to leave as well.

What is the serial number?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Serial ####-##-#### I would give you 5 stars if it worked.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

CLICK HERE for the manual. Section 40 has the chain info at around page 261.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hey Jeremy. I have tried all day today to give you the 5 stars you deserve, but something is not working if you can direct me how to solve this for you I will do it.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 9 months ago.

I will send it to expert support for them to check into it.

You can also talk to customer service on your side if there are site issues.