Industrial Equipment

Have Industrial Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now

Industrial Equipment

I have a JLG telehandler that is leaking hydraulic fluid out

Customer Question
of a vent on top...
I have a JLG telehandler that is leaking hydraulic fluid out of a vent on top of the front axle, right hand side. Is a vent of some type plugged up or what could be going wrong?
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: I'm not sure will have to look tomorrow.
JA: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
9/23/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can can work together to get to the root of your question!

Does it squirt out when the brakes are applied? ZF axle? Brake seals are leaking oil into the differental housing. Only repair is to reseal the brakes in the axle!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a pretty steady drip coming out of the port when the machine is running.

Usually it will leak profusely when the brakes are applied if the brake seals are bad. But if the axle housing is making oil, it will be leaking brake seals!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This leaks anytime the motor is running. This port is on top of the axle housing. It has a round dome on top of the port.

Yes, that is the axle vent. Your brake seals are leaking hydraulic fluid into the axle housing.

Please use the 5 star rating system to close and get me credit! Thanks.

I see question is still open/ Please rate to close!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician