Industrial Equipment

Have Industrial Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now

Industrial Equipment

JLG 3246E2, Serial # 0200059244 Once the platform is raised

Customer Question
JLG 3246E2, Serial #(###) ###-#### Once...
JLG 3246E2, Serial #(###) ###-####
Once the platform is raised above approximately 12' above the ground, the unit will not drive.
We have to lower it to move it.
Any thoughts ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
6/29/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Mike, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check your limit switches and harness for problems. also I believe this model also has the pothole switches as well that can cause a problem with drive function. Bare with me while I pull up the manuals

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No problem, I appreciate the help
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If it is easier I can get in front of the machine it's just a couple Doors Down

Are you getting any fault codes and do you have access to the JLG analyzer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wouldn't know where to look for fault codes and I do not have an analyzer

Click on the service book and see pdf page 49. It explains the limit switches and there are adjustment as well

PDF page 59 shows your flash codes in the service book which I believe the procedure is in the operators manual to pull the codes on this model from the controller without using the analyzer.

PDF 72 is your schematics

NOTE:

When the machine is raised, and a door is opened,

the machine will not drive.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it 2-49 ? In the service manual ?

NOTE:

The machine is equipped with a Pothole Protection

System which lowers automatically when the plat-

form is raised. The Pothole Protection System will

also lower when either of the doors are opened, but

only on the side of the opened door and this will not

provide tip over protection. If the Pothole Protection

System does not fully lower, the DRIVE function is

cut out until the platform is completely lowered.

2-45 is the same as PDF page listed at the top of the page as 59

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, I appreciate your help, but I think it would be better if I took it to a repair shop

You would need a digital volt Ohm meter to test the switches and harness and also the JLG analyzer is much faster at being able to check the circuits and their operation.

I understand. Let me know if I can be of more help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

The pothole protection is supposed to disable drive with the platform raised if it is working properly. Pleasure to help

Dan, Technician