Industrial Equipment

Have Industrial Equipment Repair Questions? Ask an Expert Now

Industrial Equipment

Gehl 883 telehandler. it worked fine hours, then suddenly,

Customer Question
gehl 883 telehandler. JA: We'll do...
gehl 883 telehandler.
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: it worked fine for 6 hours, then suddenly, no forward or reverse.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: Fluid is full and clean.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Industrial Equipment
6/20/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
Bradley Martin

Is the parking brake switch working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure it has one.
I am pretty sure the park brake switch has no relevance whatsoever to the transmission.
It previously could be in gear with park brake on.
As a matter of fact, the park brake no longer works well because operators have driven it with the park brake engaged.
This machine has mechanical cable linkage to the transmission. No wires. No computers.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just figured it out. Clutch dump valve was half way in between on and off. Put it in either on or off and transmission works fine. Thanks for trying to help me!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Bye
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

That is what I was going to tell you to check next glad you figured it out.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician