Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment used in industry.
30244710

I was just online with you on the forklift ta-18 trans

Customer Question

i was just online with you on the clark forklift ta-18 trans question i have got the credit card in fo now you on line
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see no earlier question, who were you talking to? Maybe I can help?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

clark GC15 forklift would have TA-18 , G127 series.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

What is the question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a clark forklift with a ta-18 transmission it stays stuck in forward gear i checked the shift soliniods electricaly and mechanical operation and there ok i removed shift valve block and checked for sticking valves or broken springs all was well re assembled still stays stuck in forward no reverse or nuetral
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
13 June 2016 08:44
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If forward works, and in neutral it also goes forward, and in reverse, the unit locks up.won't move, the forward clutch pack is locked up, On TA18, the original clutch material is affected by moisture and and the plates come apart, jamming the clutch pack together, so it does not release. The ony repair is to repair the clutch packs with new plates, seals, and clean the system!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see question still open. Did you see my response?